Friday, November 18, 2011

Changes

So it's obviously been quite a while since I've written here...

And as the world changes, I really wonder how much I have changed too over the past two years. I becomes more and more difficult to define what contributes more to the changes I see: the changes in the world around me or the lens from which that world is seen? Nevertheless, I consider all change to be a sign of progress, so I'm glad we all have taken a step forward.

Having too much time for myself has given me too many things to think about at once, so perhaps this outlet for my thoughts will once again prove useful. We will see.

But for now, a specific change that has caught my eye. Having once again completed a form of the MBTI test, I see a rough indication of how my own perceptions of myself have changed. I traditionally scored quite consistently in the INTJ realm, but find myself slightly different. Based on a quick test at http://www.career-test.co.uk, I find the following results:

It's hard to draw specific conclusions just from this, but one thing I definitely see is that my time abroad and involved in different activities have left me more balanced in almost all areas and have left me using the response "It depends..." when hypothetically faced with different situations. If this means that I am now more adaptable and appropriate in different situations, then irregardless of Type-Index changing, I am satisfied with this personal growth.

1 comment:

  1. I had to do the MBTI at the start of my MBA program, you and I should sit down and compare our results some time, I think it would be an interesting exercise :)

    ReplyDelete